I like to start my morning with a routine that sets the tone for the rest of my day. Part of that routine is drinking a cup of tea to fuel my body with essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. In the winter months, this is especially helpful to add an armor of protection against all the bugs and viruses that come our way in Minnesota. I am not a huge fan of conventional tea however (not for a lack of trying though), so I drink a DIY “tea” that still has many (if not more) health benefits, and it’s one I enjoy drinking!
My Morning Tea:
- 8 ounces hot water (I often use cold water in the summer months)
- 1 tbs. raw local honey
- 1 tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
- A squeeze of fresh lemon
- 1 tbs. Elderberry syrup optional (you can make your own syrup or purchase it pre-made)
– Raw Honey: This sweet stuff is packed with so many good things including, antioxidants, and other nutrients that help
fight bacteria, fungus, soothe sore throats along with many other
things,not to mention it is a
– Apple Cider Vineagar: this is another one that has so many benefits including; antiviral, antibacterial, anti fungal properties. Many people recommend drinking it first thing in the morning to help boost metabolism. It can also be great for sore throats (another reason why this is great to drink when not feeling well!)
– Lemon: Lemon contains a number of vitamins and minerals and are a great benefit for that reason alone. They also, like ACV, help to balance the bodies pH (which makes it hard for viruses and bugs to thrive). An added benefit, they help to get things moving in digestion, if you know what I mean!
– Elderberries/elderberry syrup: These berries alone have many health and healing properti
es including antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that date back to traditional Native American remedies. They are packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin C and A and are used most commonly to treat flu and colds.
In the summer months, I like to switch this up and often do cold water with the above ingredients, and add in any other fruit to change things up! If you don’t like drinking normal tea, you should try this out! Play around with it, and have fun with it! I hope you enjoy it!
Are you a tea drinker? What’s your go-to morning beverage?
Here’s to living the life that makes your soul smile,